Tuesday 30 November 2010

Good Old Fashioned, Modern Baubles

The cupcake inspirations challenge features the most amazing cupcake, decorated with the old fashioned coloured balls that anyone my age used to see on most iced Christmas edibles before silver became the only easily available choice. (Sob). Anyway, the challenge is to be inspired by the cupcake in some way and make a card. I was and I did. I used Amber Ink's acorn bauble from the 'Tis the Season to be Pretty' set of Digi stamps. Amazing how one small image canbe used to fill a 6" square card on a large repeat! Love that manipulation-able-ness. Yeah - you understood, no matter how bad the word! Anyway, I traced over the outlines with Glossy Accents and blitzed them with Glamour Dust. I painted them baubles with Twinkling H20s to try and replicate that shiny 'ball' colour, the rest you can see...emboss background, blah blah.

You like? A bit in your face? Yeah. That's why I like it! Cut along to Amber Ink and get this set, you need it. And then enter the Cupcake Inspirations Challenge and show me up. You know you can. Amber, Ink are sponsoring this challenge, so you could well win something really worth having!

18 comments:

airing cupboard crafts said...

Love the card. I really like the effect of the H2Os now thats another thing I need!!!!

Laura x

Ciara said...

It certainly isn't subtle, that's for sure! But who wants to be a shrinking violet anyway ;-)

Tracy Evans said...

Lovely card Julia, I love the fact it is in your face with colour LOL. Tracy Evans x x

misteejay said...

And baubles to you too - they look fab. You can't beat some good old baubles on a card.

Toni :o)

Anonymous said...

Like? Love!

Sue said...

Hi hun
yea i like, fabulous card, super duper baubles, not used my twinks in ages, luv the sparkle, great design, see you 2moro, sue,x

Pam said...

FAB! Spot on with the inspiration cupcake too! Sounding a little converted on the digi -thang Julia! Better be careful ;-D
See ya man-yan-a!

Helen said...

In your face? But it's Christmas!! I love it. See you tomorrow, Mrs Digi-mistress!

Rachel Hope said...

OHHHH! Love! The In Your Faceness make sme happy! :) Thanks for playing along with the Cupcake Inspiration Challenge this week!

Serendipity Stamping said...

I totally love these baubles, yes they do bring back the memories. I like the bold colors, I do not have much control so I tend to do a softer look, maybe if I find the right pens I will some day graduate. Guess I will have to break down and get the twinkles one of these days.

Gez Butterworth said...

FAB baubles. The colours are beautiful.xx

Denimo said...

Love the attitude Julia! And your card is great too!! (And I agree about those old-fashioned decorations). So glad you could join us this week at CIC!! Hope to see you next week too!

Unknown said...

bloody hell - more digi images!!!! likey!

P x x x

voodoo vixen said...

Fabulous rich colours Julia, love the baubles and the card. Digi eh? Hmmm, now I think maybe I should actually try it out if you get this sort of result!!

Lizzybobs said...

love the colours you have used - loving the stamp too H2Os on my christmas list now thanks for sharing - have a good WOYWW love and ((HUGS))

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

Love this card Julia, love the baubles and silver bows and I also love the cards below, fabby stamps ;-)
Anne xx

scrapsnsuch@gmail.com said...

Fab card and fun way to use the images!

Anonymous said...

[url=http://proscar.press/]here[/url] [url=http://prednisoloneacetate.us/]buy prednisolone 5mg without prescription uk[/url] [url=http://augmentin875.webcam/]augmentin[/url] [url=http://buymethotrexate.online/]methotrexate[/url] [url=http://kamagraonline.science/]buy kamagra online[/url] [url=http://buy-erythromycin.red/]where can i buy erythromycin[/url] [url=http://cleocingel.tech/]cleocin gel[/url]